Friday, July 16, 2010

Crib!!

2 posts in 1 day! Aren't you all lucky! (those of you who read this blog...)

First of all, on Monday we were graced with a crazy tornado (that never touched ground, thank God!) and this is what ended it... just a slight reminder that God exists:

Genesis 9:16
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then today, we set up the crib. Actually, we started setting up the crib yesterday but the crib came to us with a broken box, some scratched up pieces, and a missing instruction manual. One email to Storkcraft and a little wood glue later, and we were ready to take on the crib again today. It was quite a feat, and it is currently sitting on its side in the nursery with old Sears catalogues stacked on it to keep the new coat of wood glue together and sticking.

First... Bauer didn't like that our attention was on something other than him. But here's the first photo of Bauer and Aryn together. They're going to be best buds, I can already tell.

Photobucket

This is how the crib began: in a million pieces.

Photobucket

Daddy is quite the craftsman. He refused to let me help - I was only allowed to watch and be the apprentice. He needed an Allen Key, I gave him the Allen key. He needed the Phillips screwdriver - I gave him the Philips screwdriver. He needed me to get the dogs out of the way... well... I tried (unsuccessfully).

Photobucket
Photobucket

This is a picture of Daddy happily setting up your crib:

Photobucket

This is a picture of Daddy annoyed with mommy taking so many photos instead of being a good apprentice.

Photobucket

4 hours later, and the crib looked like this! (the damn change table took FOREVER!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bauer couldn't resist a good photo op.

Photobucket

I love your name.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love that crib! We're getting a hand-me-down, which I really appreciate, but I love love love dark woods and wish Madeline's crib could be... instead it'll be light wood. oh well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!