Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Allergic Reaction

Poor Aryn.

Last night I poured almond oil on Aryn's head and cheeks because they were red and blotchy. They have been off and on for awhile now, but I thought nothing of it - just figured the cold got to her. But last night I put a LOT on because her head and cheeks were super dry and then within 20 minutes the screaming, swelled eyes and scabby welts on her head showed up.

My poor love nugget.

I wiped her head off and she seemed to calm down. Even today, her cheeks were super red - they looked like they were burnt a bit. The top of her head though - WOW. It looked awful. Just red, scabby and gross. I've been putting lotion and saline solution on it to clear it up a bit. She's been super sleepy today but doesn't seem to be in any pain. She wasn't impressed when I slathered lotion on her head but she calmed down really quickly.

So... we found our first allergy me thinks: almonds. We'll be writing that in her baby book!!

2 comments:

  1. poor love. :( yea, all nut products should be avoided till over a year old. is almond oil commonly used for wind burns in the cold weather? i've never heard of it, but if so i may stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! poor baby girl. that is no fun at all. Glad she seemed to take it okay though. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!