Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9 Months

Weight Update
Weight: 22 pounds 9 3/4 ounces
Height: 30.5" (up 2" from last month!)

Photobucket

My dear girl,

I can honestly say without a doubt in my mind, that this has been my most favourite month yet. You have made me laugh and smile - literally - all day every day. You are the happiest, funniest, silliest, and absolute CUTEST little girl I have ever seen in my entire life. This past month has just been a breeze!!

Photobucket

Updates:

- You are THISCLOSE to crawling! Over the past month you've gone from somehow moving from Point A to Point B while sitting on your bum, to now you go straight onto your stomach from the sitting position and then the next thing I know you're straight across the room! You haven't figured out being on your knees yet (there is a lot of weight your poor legs have to hold up! haha) but you push yourself across the floor pretty good. Did I say "push"?? Yes, PUSH. You push yourself in circles over the floor and you have learned that with every spin, you get closer and closer to your destination. Sometimes you spin 18 times just to get from the middle of the floor to your toys. And you do it the entire time with a big smile on your face. Today, on your 9 month birthday, you have learned to pull yourself across the floor and you made quite good time in your inspection of mommy's office. You're SO CLOSE to crawling!!! Everyone tells me that I should enjoy these no-crawling days. But I honestly can't wait until you can learn to crawl. The things you'll learn about. It's going to be tougher and a lot more work but I just can't wait!

Photobucket Photobucket

- You are still in love with that dog. And any time you get even remotely close to him, he runs as far away from you as possible. If your little chubby hand even touches his, he pulls it back. If you get in bed with us, he jumps out of bed - no matter how tired he is. If you come in the room, he runs out of the room. The only time he likes you lately is when you have food - and that's because he knows you're going to give him some. And you do - on purpose! You throw food down, then look over your high chair to see Bauer gobble it up. Then you throw him more. He "loves" it. Personally, I think he thinks it's his vendetta for you coming into his world!

Photobucket

Photobucket

You have become quite the little sleeper! At 7pm you're ready for bed, so I put you in bed as close to 7 as possible. I then sleep feed you at about 10:30pm, and then you sleep straight through until about 7-8am. Mommy LOVES it. You have the odd night where you get up but you fall back to sleep quite quickly. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes, sometimes it takes an hour. But all in all, you're an amazing sleeper. Last night I tried to skip your sleep feed and you woke up at 2am crying, so I fed you, and then you were up at 6am. But I blame the 6am on the crop sprayer airplane that was SUPER loud. Mommy was not happy!

Photobucket

This month you had your first big trip to Montreal, but I already talked about that. I still can't get over how great you were!! And your great granny Bina keeps the high chair in her kitchen because every time she sees it, she thinks of you. You are so, so very loved. I wish your great grandpa was here because he would have loved you so much as well.

Photobucket

Morning breakfast is my favourite meal for you of the day. In the morning you are SO HAPPY. I get smiles and giggles and coos. Mind you, I get those throughout the rest of the day as well! Your meals are pretty planned out. You like me to feed you, you like the same things, and you prefer veggies. You are still being nursed anywhere from 3-5 times a day (sometimes less) but I am constantly offering you the nursing option before solids but you just prefer solids. Breakfast is banana, pear/mango and apple sauce with oatmeal. Lunch is 1/2 an avocado and a cup of baby yogurt. Supper is 3 veggies (sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, carrots) with multigrain cereal. I tried giving you chicken one day and tofu the next, and you didn't sleep well either night. So I went back to veggies and you slept awesome. So... we're sticking with veggies for now.

Photobucket

Hmm.... what else. You are brilliant. I mean, SO smart. And lazy, which is hilarious. If there's a toy you want to reach and you can't, you'll pull the blanket towards you. If your bath toys are on the other side of the tub, you'll splash the water until they're closer. If I'm holding something you want, you'll grab my arm and pull it until you can reach it - which is usually my phone. You sure do love mommy's phone!!

Photobucket

You have really made this past 9 months such a joy, Aryn, and I can't wait to see what else you'll learn this month. Mommy and daddy love you soooo much and we can't imagine our lives without you in it!!! Bauer... he'll grow to love you haha!

Photobucket

Happy 9 months, baby girl!!

And here are some videos!

Aryn and Daddy:

Aryn Laughing:

Aryn "Crawling":

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!