Monday, August 13, 2012

Sometimes you just have to zoo it up.

Sometimes, when you get up nice and early in the morning, you need to peel yourself up off of your fake-leather computer chair, dump your cold coffee down the sink, and fight with the mascara tube to make yourself presentable and get out of the house. Beautiful days are scarce here, and soon enough the leaves will start turning colours and Fall & Winter Sears catalogue is going to come out and our beautiful green grass will be dead and brown. I do not like winter; I love summer.

Photobucket

So today, to soak up another beautiful, summery, hot day, we got in the car, picked up my mom, and headed for the zoo for a day of sunshine, smiles, and laughter. And we got plenty of each.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I can't help but sing, "Hakuna Matata" when I see a meerkat!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aryn has really picked up talking this past week, which has been a real pleasure for everyone involved. Sometimes, it sounds like she's saying real sentences, even though I'm sure there's a lot of jibberish still being said. But one of my favourite new words is, "pi-cock", which is obviously 'peacock." And she says it over and over and over again all throughout the zoo. "Aryn, do you see the elephants?" "Pi-cock!" "Aryn, there's no peacock anywhere. Do you see the elephants?" "Pi-cock! Pi-cock!" 

My sweet zoologist.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

My new computer background image. Oh, my, how I love this little girl.
Photobucket

 Last night, Calgary got pelted with a crazy hail storm. Our little town only got the amazing light show (I've never seen anything like that before in my life - it looked like a warzone, with bombs going off everywhere!), but Calgary got the hail. And many exhibits at the zoo were closed down because of damage. It was amazing how many leaves and branches littered the zoo grounds. At 12:30pm, we found a bunch of the hail - still intact. 

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't forget the ice cream. Every time we go to the zoo.Every time.
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

We came home, and had a little mini play date with our good friend Hunter and his mommy, Aleesha. If there's one thing I love more in life, is play dates. And those big, beautiful eyes. Beware, ladies!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at those baby blues!

Photobucket
Why not lay in the water with your dress on?

And, lastly, my favourite 3 photos of the day:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope the lions, tigers, bears (oh my!) make an appearance in your life soon. Zoo days are always so much fun. Have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and beautiful photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had fun! I found you from the Bloggy Moms August blog hop. I am your newest follower. I hope you will come and follow me back!
    http://www.countrifiedhicks.com
    http://www.facebook.com/countrifiedhicks
    https://twitter.com/#!/MelodyGravitt

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!