Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baking with a Toddler...

Aryn's new favourite words are, "No, MINE." Everything is hers. My socks are hers. Ryan's slippers are hers. Bauer is hers. Everything in our home is hers. So, when I got the bright idea on this extremely snowy Tuesday morning to entertain my toddler by baking banana bread with her, I don't know why it didn't occur to me just how difficult it would be when every single ingredient was hers.

It's hard to stir in mashed bananas when the whisk is hers and I'm not allowed to help.

But I powered through. Only a few freak outs (on her part or mine remains unspoken), and some great team work.

Step 1:

Find the recipe in your crazy, over-filled recipe container that is bursting at the seams. FYI: we literally make the same 8 things every week. Why do I have an over-filled recipe container?

Photobucket

Step 2:

Add melted butter, sugar and 2 eggs. There are no photos of the added butter or eggs, because the "adding sugar" step entailed hands-full-of-sugar, eating sugar, and spilling sugar. I figured it was best to keep camera clear of eggs and melted butter.

Photobucket

Step 2b:

Tell toddler not to eat the sugar.

Photobucket

Step 3:

Whisk.

Photobucket

Step 4:

While adding the bananas, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips, keep toddler entertained with a bowl full of chocolate chips. Notice her hand is blurry? It's because it was moving 800 miles an hour. Sugar SLAM.

Photobucket

Step 5:

Seriously consider cleaning your disgustingly dirty stove. But only consider.

Photobucket

Step 6:

The delicious finished product, ready to be eaten post-nap.

Photobucket

Step 7:

Very happy and proud little nugget, whom I love more than anything in the world.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!