Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Party

Every once in awhile, I just don't 'feel' like taking photos. And then I look at them afterwards and think, "damn you for not doing a better job!"

Today was one of those days.

No photos turned out. No great shot was taken. No fantastic memory was captured. I took really crappy photos today.

We were supposed to go to a friends house for a big pumpkin party. Aryn's friend Anna's mommy is super creative and fun; much more than I am. But, alas, the flu struck and everyone was stuck coming to my stinky house with super dirty toilets and dusty floors. And I'm not creative like Anna's mommy. I'm not Pinterest-mom. I'm the opposite of Pinterest-Mom. I'm more Pinuninterest-Mom. I don't find super awesome recipes for Halloween snacks like one friend, Kelly, brought (and, albeit, I forgot to take a photo of!!! Dammit!). I am not a "let's carve pumpkins!" mom. Instead, I'm a "let's let mommy sit on the couch while you all entertain yourselves with the billions of toys downstairs!"

In my defence, I am not feeling well. But that's not an excuse for unmotivation with toddlers.

So lucky that Parveen came to the rescue with foam pumpkins for the kids to colour. And, in my awesome mindful way, I didn't even think to make all the kids bring home a few foam pumpkins to decorate. Nope. They're on a pile on our table, waiting to be ignored by my toddler when she wakes up.

*sigh*

And the photos are nothing to write home about. My trial version of Photoshop Elements has ended, and I am waiting for my 2 jobs this weekend to purchase it. So, the photos I DID take today are out of focus and unedited in Paint.Net. I'm ashamed. And laughing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best part of the morning? Jumping on Aryn's old crib that's in our spare room. Yup. That was apparently the highlight of the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And don't forget baby kisses. This one is quite the little Mommy. She wraps up the real babies, gives them kisses, and gets the diapers all ready for them. No wonder she hates getting her diaper changed. Ahem, little one. Start using the potty!


Photobucket

But... it was fun. A great morning, a great visit, and a great group of women in our group. Thanks moms!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!