Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blogging Awards

There is an award among bloggers called the Liebster award. It is for newer bloggers who have less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition and support. The award is passed on to other bloggers that fall into that category to help share and support their blog.  It is also a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers!

The real "gist" of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It's mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it, and 2) pass it along. It's literally that easy. 


I was nominated by my friend Ashley at Momma on a Mission. Thank you, Ashley!

Here are the rules:

1. Each blogger should post 5 random facts about themselves (I was given this with the request for 11 random facts, but as I Googled this - cuz that's what I do when something unknown pops up in my life - and nowhere does it state in any previous years rules to post any random facts about yourself, so I assume it was just added for fun over the years. So, because I can't think of 11 random facts, I'm going with 5. And that's still pushing it.)

2. Answer the 5 questions about yourself (delete my answers). Or, make up new questions and answer them. (Again, it said 11 questions and I made it 5. And I also think this was a random add-on over the years.)

3. Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.

4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.

5. No tag backs.


Ok, so 5 Random Facts about me: 

1. I grew up in Northern Alberta, in a small town called Fairview. Ever heard of it? Yes? Yeah, our one doctor murdered our other doctor. Great namesake. 

2. I have 2 younger brothers.

3. I love to crack my neck. If I don't crack my neck, my eye twitches.

4. I'm terrified of having 2 kids. 

5. I have 2 tattoos and I hate them both. With a passion.


5 Questions About Myself:

1.  Why did you begin blogging?
I have family and friends all over Canada and the US who wanted to be kept up to date with our family. I started blogging when I found out I was pregnant the first time, which I lost, and I just kept it going. 

2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you there yet, and are you what you wanted to be as a child?
I wanted to be a teacher and a mother. I think I wrote that on every single "what do you want to be when you grow up?" question sheet in school. I never became a teacher, but I am a mom!

3. What is your favourite type of exercise?
Exercise? What's exercise? I hate exercising; which shows considering I'm extremely out of shape. I prefer the elliptical, and I'm hoping to get back into running... if I can psych myself out enough. I do love yoga and palates though!

4. What is your biggest vice?
I speak/type before I think. And I worry too much about what others think of me. 

5. Is there a single person that has influenced your life in a big way (family or celebrity)?
My parents. I hope to have the marriage they have and raise my kids to be just as awesome as I am. 


My Nominees for the Liebster Award:
1. AnnaLuv Designs (one of my besties; starting a new fantastic business!)
2. Crazy Working Mom: Diary of a mother on the brink of snapping! (over 200 but not by much... and we're pretty much best friends even though we've never talked or met or she has no idea I exist.)
3. Schurman Shenanigans (The MAM's)
4. Sew Sassy by Ashley (See? No tagback! I cheated.)
5. My Singing Soul (beautifully written. Her life is beautiful, magical, and colourful)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out:)
    And we can totally be BBF's cuz now we have talked via bloggy land and now I know you exist. Plus I saw your picture so that kinda counts as 'meeting'.
    Or stalking:)
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Best friends it is!! My birthday is in 5 months so start planning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm. Hold. If you are younger than me....friendship off.
      Kidding. Sorta.
      MIne is next month..what are we doing?
      J

      Delete
    2. Well you DO have 13 year olds and I have a 2 year old... it's only safe to assume I'm younger than you. Although, that doesn't mean funnier or cooler. Let's go to Vegas!!

      Delete

I love comments!